[TYPO3-mvc] manual validation of domain models inside an action

Stephan Reuther - development.IT s.reuther at internet-chemnitz.de
Thu Apr 15 17:48:17 CEST 2010

hi

i have got a question regarding validation of domain models.
what's the best way to validate domain objects _inside_ an action.
something like the "magic" argument validation, done by extbase
before the action is called.

i had a look at PropertyMappers->mapAndValidate(), but don't know
wheter this would be a solution.
maybe my question is a bit out of extbases philosophy, because
validation is something the framework should explicitely take
care of.

but i've got a fluid form which creates an object and related subobjects
in one step and afaik fluid/extbase don't support such relations yet,
am i wrong?

so the form builds an array with all needed (sub)properties
and hands it over to the action as array. there my model will be
assembled manually and there, thats the point, i want to use the
handy object validation of extbase. is there a kind of api for?

please point me to the right direction if i am wrong with any step.

regards and thanks in advance,

stephan