[TYPO3-mvc] Change in required schema of mm tables?

Marc Bastian Heinrichs typo3 at mbh-web.de
Wed Apr 14 21:28:45 CEST 2010

Hej,

was there an change of the required schema of mm tables?
I had an m:n relation with the following tca config

'type' => 'select',
'size' => 10,
'minitems' => 0,
'maxitems' => 9999,
'autoSizeMax' => 30,
'multiple' => 0,
'foreign_table' => 'tx_foo_domain_model_bar',
'MM' => 'tx_foo_employee_bar_mm',

the schema of table tx_foo_employee_bar_mm:
uid_local
uid_foreign
tablenames
sorting
sorting_foreign

After upgrading to the latest trunk (I think version before was <
r2144)) I got following exception in the frontend:

#1247602160: Unknown column 'pid' in 'field list'

Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Storage_Exception_SqlError thrown in file
.(..)/typo3conf/ext/extbase/Classes/Persistence/Storage/Typo3DbBackend.php
in line 924.

I've thought that you need columns uid and pid only for fields with
config type "inline".

After adding columns uid and pid to the mm table it works for me, but
aren't they unnecessary?

Regards,
Marc Bastian