[TYPO3-mvc] SOAP call using extbase

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Tue Apr 13 10:54:30 CEST 2010

Hello,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
[...]
> Masi
>
> * To quote Evens from memory: "If your model cannot be implemented with good performance it's broken"

* remote systems can have very good performance IMO
* from my intuitive understanding it would be a very bad requirement if
a repository could only be local by design

A SOAP service (used as storage backend by a repository) doesn't have to
be unreliable nor unperformant by design?

This seems like a pretty arguable discussion though.

In real life IMO it is quite common that objects need to be
fetched/stored in/from some remote systems. So, how should this be
approached if not by implementing some repository that performs the
necessary remote actions?

However I just decided to rather implement an import routine and
implement a local model/repository only due to the mentioned reasons of
reliability/performance.

Greets,
Peter
--