[TYPO3-mvc] Is some sort of single table inheritance or a similar solution available?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Apr 9 08:41:45 CEST 2010

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer schrieb:
> Hello folks,
>
> I'd like to extend my extbase extension with several types
> of products, which can be selected by a type field in the backend.
>
> Extbase then should load the according model class.
>
> For example the product types could be books, furniture,
> CDs, food etc. and I want to use a specific model object
> in the frontend/controllers etc.
>
> Exists there a proposed solution for this or any idea
> how to implement this?

I have implemented this in my ballroom_dancing example extension (to be found on TER). I have a
"medium" table (though no concrete model for a "medium") and the concrete classes Audio (eg CD) and
Text (eg book). So far it worked ok, but I have no FE forms to change the models. I just list the
objects for now.

Masi