[TYPO3-mvc] t3lib_extMgm::insertModuleFunction supported?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Oct 23 18:07:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I searched the actual trunk-code of extbase but haven't found anything.
> Is the above named method supported within an extbase-ext to add a
> module-function to another extbase-ext?

I started brainstorming about this (as I'll need it soon).

We need something "powerful" that allows this:

1) Extbase BE modules should be able to hook into Extbase BE modules (standard use case)
2) Extbase BE modules should be able to hook into non-Extbase modules (may be useful to add something for instance to Web > Info's function menu)
3) non-Extbase BE modules should be able to hook into Extbase BE modules (don't have a use case at hand but would be great to better integrate Extbase into backend)

ATM what we did in mvc_extjs allows 3). Here is the stuff I wrote to allow 1) and 2) for the _registration part_, that is, to show up in the other's menu (in case of 1) I made it possible just as 3)
for mvc_extjs-based BE modules). Here is what I suggest to add to Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension:

Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension::registerModuleFunction(
	$_EXTKEY,
	'web_info',	// Insert module function into function menu of Web > Info
	array(
		'BlankExtObj' => 'first',
	),
	array(
		'title'      => 'LLL:EXT:mvc_extjs_samples/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_db.xml:moduleFunction.blankExtObj',
		'menuKey'    => 'function',
		'workspaces' => 'online',
	)
);

Which you could compare to non-Extbase method:

3lib_extMgm::insertModuleFunction(
	'web_info',
	'Tx_MvcExtjsSamples_Controller_BlankExtObjController',
	t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY) . 'Classes/Controller/BlankExtObj.php',
	'LLL:EXT:mvc_extjs_samples/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_db.xml:moduleFunction.blankExtObj',
	'function',
	'online'
);

I did not (yet) have a look at Tx_Fluid_ViewHelpers_Be_Menus_ActionMenuViewHelper as I don't use it ATM but we need to find a way that is compatible between standard sc_base, Extbase and MvcExtJS in
order for all of them to be able to "work" together.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en