[TYPO3-mvc] Action and Controller from FlexForm

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Tue Nov 3 17:02:35 CET 2009

Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

Hi,
Finally I found some time to check the changes.

> I just cleaned up things a lot, and it'd be great if you could test the
> patch Extbase_3348_v3.patch, in case you use flexform configuration.

Great, I really like the approach!
I've just pimped the viewhelpertest extension to demonstrate some of the
new features (check out
https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/MVC/viewhelpertest/)

It even works to overwrite multi-level settings like:
plugin.tx_myext.settings.someKey.someSubKey
by naming the flexform node
<settings.someKey.someSubKey>

I came across two drawbacks though:
1. It's not possible to overwrite locallang keys.
<_LOCAL_LANG.someKey>
won't have an effect.
(But I don't think, that you would need this anyways)

2. It's still not possible to easily overwrite the default action of a
plugin.
If you just want to overwrite the default action of some plugin (imagine
a dropdown in your flexform with the options "default user list",
"grouped user list" or something like that) you'll have to copy _all_
controller & action combinations to all options.

If you add an action to your controller, you'll have to adjust setup.txt
and all flexform options.

IMO it would be nice to be able to somehow merge
switchableControllerActions with the default setup - or to be able to
specify the default controller/action combination separately.

Not sure, what do you think?
Bastian