[TYPO3-mvc] Getting started with ExtBase

Sebastian KurfŸürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon May 25 22:03:13 CEST 2009

Hi Sebastian,

> How do I start from scratch? I still have to think about Database
> tables, create them and write a tca.php for them (because we have no
> ExtBase kickstarter yet), right? Or is there also some kind of magic
> that creates the database out of my domain model objects?
You are absolutely right that for now, you need to do it by hand.

How I do it:
- First, create some pseudo-UML diagrams on a Blackboard or a sheet of paper
- make it digital
- Then, fire up the kickstarter and just create the needed DB tables
(that's pretty "stupid" work, but currently it has to be done...)
- Then, create the PHP classes

I feel it is more helpful to have an additional planning step before
actually "doing" something, but I think this is my personal preference :-)

Greets,
Sebastian