[TYPO3-mvc] blog_example - caching issues?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed May 20 18:25:35 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> However, the new caching framework was brought to the core exactly for
> these situations. Remember you can tag cache entries to in the end
> selectively clear them. I think that's the way to go here.

Sure, I was just pointing out a short term solution which would fix the
situation for some cases aleady. In the example of a blog it would even
be a good solution after all.

As I said, there should be a way of disabling that cache-clearing and
then hooking into it to do it in a more fingrained way. For now, such
fine-grained caching problems could be handled by the extension author,
and then maybe in 4.4 we could ship with a better cache handling
directly withing Extbase.

But really, the whole "clear all cache" thing is actually what is done
all the time in TYPO3, so I think it's OK at least for a quick solution now.

cheers
Ingmar