[TYPO3-mvc] blog_example - caching issues?

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed May 20 17:23:56 CEST 2009

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:

Hi Ingmar and all,

> Most piBase extensions are just read-only extensions which don't modify
> the records in the database. With that scenario it's quite simple, the
> cache for a page is always cleared by TCEMain when a record on the page
> is edited.
>
> I think we could do the same for the persistence in Extbase: Just
> trigger a cache clearing for the page on every record modification for
> the PID.

wow, I fear that would be pretty insane in some situations. Let's take
the infamous community example again...
Imagine a "small" community of 50k users like typo3.org, there's a page
displaying the profiles of the users, now whenever someone edits his
profile ... boom 50k pages to rerender ... probably not a good idea ;)

However, the new caching framework was brought to the core exactly for
these situations. Remember you can tag cache entries to in the end
selectively clear them. I think that's the way to go here.

all the best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner