[TYPO3-mvc] blog_example - caching issues?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed May 20 14:28:56 CEST 2009

Sebastian Kurf?ürst schrieb:
> Hey Andreas,
>
> Thanks for your feedback, I think you are right.
>
>> Just an idea: there could be something like a third array where you
>> can define caching dependencies.
>> There should be a way to express that if I edit a blog, the caches for
>> blog:show for the current blog and the blog:index should be cleared.
> I  have thought about this as well, but I don't like this solution too
> much actually...
>
> How would you solve the caching issues when writing a standard PIBase
> Extension? How would you clear the cache depencies there?

Most piBase extensions are just read-only extensions which don't modify
the records in the database. With that scenario it's quite simple, the
cache for a page is always cleared by TCEMain when a record on the page
is edited.

I think we could do the same for the persistence in Extbase: Just
trigger a cache clearing for the page on every record modification for
the PID.

cheers
Ingmar