[TYPO3-mvc] blog_example - caching issues?

Sebastian Kurf?ürst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed May 20 12:50:56 CEST 2009

Hey Andreas,

Thanks for your feedback, I think you are right.

> Just an idea: there could be something like a third array where you can
> define caching dependencies.
> There should be a way to express that if I edit a blog, the caches for
> blog:show for the current blog and the blog:index should be cleared.
I  have thought about this as well, but I don't like this solution too
much actually...

How would you solve the caching issues when writing a standard PIBase
Extension? How would you clear the cache depencies there?

>     array(
> // An array with cache-dependencies
>         'Blog' => array(
>             'update' => 'blog:index,
> blog:show[current]',                                        // touching
> the update action leads to clearing the caches for blog:index and for
> blog:show, but only for the current blog
:-/ I think this is pretty unintuitive and too much magic - I fear it
will not work with more than just CRUD applications.

However, this caching issue needs to be solved definitely... Some more
ideas how we could handle this cleverly and more transparent to the user
without clearing the plugin cache completely?

Greets,
Sebastian