[TYPO3-mvc] Thoughts regarding Extbase-Backend-Module

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Thu Jun 18 11:06:18 CEST 2009

Hi.

Joerg Schoppet wrote:
> Next improvement, IMHO, would be, to rename ModuleController to
> BlogModuleController (Convention over Configuration).
> So a module controller should be named like the module (what do you
> think?).

I would prefer having one unique controller for the Blog Model
disregarding the "target" (FE/BE) the output is generated for. I would
rather implement a specialized action method (e.g. to render a
BE-related list for an administrator). My read is, that we mostly can
reuse the existing actions. Of course, the view helpers must be adapted
for the BE (e.g. ActionViewHelper). And the call to a view helper can be
transparently dispatched to the right implementation.

> Additionally, under Configuration/Module there should be
> a) an extra-folder per module (name like module)
> b) an extra-file per module (e.g. BlogModuleConfig.php)
>
> Regarding the registration/dispatch-process I would suggest the following:
> - extend Tx_Extbase_Utility_Plugin with an additional static method
> (e.g. registerModule)

+1

> - all the config actually stored in the conf.php file, should be
> imported there

+1

Regards
Jochen