[TYPO3-mvc] Thoughts regarding Extbase-Backend-Module

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Jun 18 00:03:27 CEST 2009

Hi Joerg,

Joerg Schoppet schrieb:
>> So perhaps it is such easy? Modify above named method to have the
>> possibility, that
>> extensions can register keywords.

Thanks for your thoughts. First i thought it's easy, but it isn't

> The only bigger problem I see is the hardcoded inclusion of the conf.php
> file :-(

yes, but i have an idea.
Extbase driven modules should have a fix file like
Configuration/Module/ModuleConfiguration.php

in this file the configuration for each Module can be done.

Following core parts needs modified:
t3lib_loadmodules.php
if (@is_dir($path) && file_exists($path.'/conf.php')) {
// new for extbase
} elseif (@is_dir($path) &&
file_exists($path.'../../Configuration/Module/ModuleConfiguration.php')) {
... include file and write mods in configuration
.. than do something like
$modconf['script'] = 'mod.php?X=' . rawurlencode($name);

second mod.php reacts on the X and initialize dispatcher in extbase

The finding of configuration file could be done smarter, but at this
position only the path is known.

But, at least we could do a complete different approach. Don't register
modules like
t3lib_extMgm::addModulePath('tools_Tx_Blog_Module_BlogModule',
t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY) . 'Module/BlogModule/');
t3lib_extMgm::addModule('tools', 'Tx_Blog_Module_BlogModule', '',
t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY) . 'Module/BlogModule/');

but use an own function in extbase to register. They can write the
config in global module configuration, and could add the scipt url.
mod.php modification looks simple.
This way, we could use an own call and all necessary values can be given.

As the extension can't be installed without extbase no additional check
for extbase has to be done.

vg Steffen