[TYPO3-mvc] TYPO3 Installer (was: TYPO3 requires Fluid and Extbase?)

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Jun 8 10:22:00 CEST 2009

Hi Benni,

thank you for the links!

On 08.06.2009, at 10:12, Benjamin Mack wrote:

> Btw, Robert: I'd be also very interesting what your ideas for the new
> "Package Manager" are, maybe we can get some ideas from you when
> somebody starts working on redoing the extension manager module in the
> v4 backend.

Yes, absolutely. End of last week I brainstormed with Karsten and
others of the v5 team about the package manager, Forge, the package
repository and release mechanism for packages and the whole
distribution. The concept we have in mind is mainly based on using a
SCM (Subversion by default) for most of the tasks.

We'll soon have a meeting where we figure out the details and then the
F3PR team will publish a concept. So please let me or Thomas Hempel
know as soon as you start thinking about a extension manager rebuild.

Cheers,
robert