[TYPO3-mvc] TYPO3 requires Fluid and Extbase?

"Christian Müller (Kitsunet)" christian at kitsunet.de
Sun Jun 7 13:55:47 CEST 2009

Hi,
as I wanted to work on the install tool anyway (what about that project?
We maybe should combine all ideas into one big "install tool overhaul"
project, with steps) this looks like a good idea to me, but I give to
think, that this might lead to BE logins and install tools that have no
signs of TYPO3 anywhere, which I do not like very much. You could
rebrand the whole CMS that way.

> * If we're going with Fluid for the Installer + Login, then it should
> not depend on much (Fluid should probably not even depend on ExtBase)

This seems to be difficult in some places, but maybe it is possible. We
could disable some things that rely on ExtBase if it is disabled?

> * If we're going with Fluid, then it most definitively should have a
> "required" flag in the Extension List (like CMS). After all, pibase
> which belongs to the required "cms" extension, is included all the time
> as well.

+1

> If anyone is willing to help out to get this in 4.3 (the final mockups
> for the new installer design and the login design are there!), let me
> know. I got tons on my plate anyways that should go in 4.3, so any help
> here is appreeciated :)

I can help, as I want to help with Installer AND Fluid ;-)

> We were also thinking of using Extbase for the installer, but this looks
> like a task for 4.4 for now :)
Also a good idea, +1 in 4.4

> All the best,
> Benni.