[TYPO3-mvc] TYPO3 requires Fluid and Extbase?

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sun Jun 7 11:21:50 CEST 2009

Hey all,

Susanne and me are planning on getting the Installer Tool and the Login
screen for the Backend templateable. We were thinking of using Fluid to
show everybody Fluid is not just for plugins :). However, we think that
the installer should have as least dependencies as possible, but right
now Fluid is "just" a sysext and people could even uninstall the
extension, thus making the new BE login and the installer not usable
anymore.

So, there are two things I think we should address:

* If we're going with Fluid for the Installer + Login, then it should
not depend on much (Fluid should probably not even depend on ExtBase)

* If we're going with Fluid, then it most definitively should have a
"required" flag in the Extension List (like CMS). After all, pibase
which belongs to the required "cms" extension, is included all the time
as well.

If anyone is willing to help out to get this in 4.3 (the final mockups
for the new installer design and the login design are there!), let me
know. I got tons on my plate anyways that should go in 4.3, so any help
here is appreeciated :)

We were also thinking of using Extbase for the installer, but this looks
like a task for 4.4 for now :)

All the best,
Benni.