[TYPO3-mvc] ExtCommon - an idea

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Dec 30 23:54:31 CET 2009

Hi Jochen,

> The strength of the CIQ standard is that it does not constrain us to use
> a specific format e.g. for place (zip, city, address). But it defines a
> meta-model for information related to parties. To handle this
> flexibility, we have to implement configurable factories for the domain
> objects.

sorry for the OT: You're often referring to factories and I think I
understood what they are meant for (building objects in a custom way),
but I have no idea how to create and implement those correctly. Do you
think you could give a example for a custom factory, maybe related to
the blog_example? Would single_table_inheritance (as long as it's not
natively implemented) be a good example? Or can you recommend some good
book that's close to the way extbase is working? Thanks a bunch.