[TYPO3-mvc] ExtCommon - an idea

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Dec 30 11:55:07 CET 2009

Jochen Rau schrieb:
> Hi Masi.
>
>> What is the OASIS standard you are referring to? I cannot find it here:
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ciq
>
> A in-depth comparison of CIQ, FOAF, vCard is found here:
>
> http://www.cs.tlu.ee/instituut/opilaste_tood/magistri_tood/2009_kevad/zahhar_kirillov_magistritoo.pdf

Thanx.

> "Category" is more related to structure of a Domain. I'd prefer to
> implement support for alternative content structures in general.
> "Alternative" opposed to the "traditional" page tree.

I fear I don't get you. Or maybe the term "category" is too broad, so there may be different
understandings of it. I was thinking of a global (cross-domain) categorization. So you can put news,
events, pages or anything
else into a category. The categories may be nested in a tree-like fashion (but this is optional).

Or do you want only to so, yes categories are fine, but they are not GEMs?

>> I noticed that ExtBase lacks a mapping for "pages".
>
> Hey. This is Pandoras Box. We are replacing cms with Extbase. ;-)

Actually this wasn't meant for writing access. But in v4 context (and maybe v5) it makes sense to
"attach" objects to folders. I thought it would be nice to have a model for the page/folder so you
can get title, subtitle etc in an ExtBase way.

Masi