[TYPO3-mvc] ExtCommon - an idea

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Tue Dec 29 23:27:41 CET 2009

Hi Masi.

> What is the OASIS standard you are referring to? I cannot find it here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ciq

A in-depth comparison of CIQ, FOAF, vCard is found here:

http://www.cs.tlu.ee/instituut/opilaste_tood/magistri_tood/2009_kevad/zahhar_kirillov_magistritoo.pdf

> What about domains that are not covered by standards. My original posts mentioned tags, comments and
> categories.

"Tag" and "Comment" are Domain Models of the CMS-Domain. We should
provide GEMs for this Domain, too. (like Article fka "Text with Image").

"Category" is more related to structure of a Domain. I'd prefer to
implement support for alternative content structures in general.
"Alternative" opposed to the "traditional" page tree.

The clean separation of structure and content is already implemented in
TYPO3 v5. Let's see what we can learn from the different existing
approaches.

>> and mapped Objects from tt_content
>
> I noticed that ExtBase lacks a mapping for "pages".

Hey. This is Pandoras Box. We are replacing cms with Extbase. ;-)

Regards
Jochen

--
Every nit picked is a bug fixed