[TYPO3-mvc] ExtCommon - an idea

Michael Knoll mimi at kaktusteam.de
Tue Dec 29 15:23:57 CET 2009

Hi Masi,

I would not call it ExtCommon, but ExtCategories for example, as this is
   a subject big enough for an own extension. Let's implement a nested
set category system that enables hierarchically nested categories with a
single database query - I would like to implement that :-)

see http://www.klempert.de/nested_sets/

I think it's rather useful to think about some interfaces that have to
be implemented by "categorizable" objects so that a common extension can
handle the algorithms for selecting, inserting, updating and deleting
categories and their respective contents...

The other tasks (tags, comments etc.) should go into seperate extensions.

Remind, that there already has been an attempt to create an extension
for categories (tx_categories?!?).

Greetings

Michael