[TYPO3-mvc] ExtCommon - an idea

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Dec 29 15:23:55 CET 2009

Hi,

> Tags, comments, categories are common. What do you think of creating an ExtCommon extension that
> provides base (abstract?) implementations of these concepts?
>
> Or maybe the extension could also provide concrete (but extendable) implementations for easy sharing
> between public extensions from TER.

not a bad idea. Actually those common things should have been provided
by TYPO3 itself since the beginning. And as many many extension will
deal with those, I'd say give it a try.
Also fe_users, dam, static_info_tables ect. could be packed in until
those provide own basic models. I know that fe_users are part of extBase
already, but moving them to a separate extension would allow for more
frequent updates then inside a coreExtension.