[TYPO3-mvc] IRRE foreign_selector ("associative entity")

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Mon Dec 28 10:51:07 CET 2009

Hi Martin.

schrieb Martin Kutschker:
> Are inline records with a "foreign_selector" (and no "MM") are supported by ExtBase? If I'm not
> mistaken this would be "associative entities".

Associative entities are not supported by Extbase, yet. Thus setting a
foreign_selector will have no effect. Could you open a feature request
on forge, please. We have to discuss this in more detail for Extbase 2.0.

> But what to to now with ExtBase? The associative entity has to be persisted, but doesn't need to be
> shown or manipulated on its own. I won't need a controller/view for it. But how to add this entities
> to the models of recoding and CD without a further MM table?

IMO it's ok to have an "intermediate" domain object. You don't need a
controller or a view for it. Maybe it makes sense to have a domain
object "Track" holding the track number and the recording:

    1     n       n     1
CD---------Track---------Recording
title      number        title
tacks      recording     length
producer

But I am no domain expert of your domain... ;-)

Regards
Jochen

--
Every nit picked is a bug fixed