[TYPO3-mvc] Single table inheritance (extbase)

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Dec 22 19:24:55 CET 2009

Jochen Rau schrieb:

> Ahh, funny! I thought a lot about how to support single table
> inheritance the last few days. This is one of the last cornerstones to
> build generic domain models, and to map tt_content on
> Tx_Typo3_Domain_Model_Content_TextWithImage ;-) . And it enables us to
> build a very flexible Content Model on top of the existing ones.
> (Actually Extbase/Fluid renders the whole body output of my development
> environment. I am really looking forward to have FCEs \w TemplaVoila ;-) ).
>
> My current conception is to have a column tx_extbase_target for every
> table responsible for multiple concrete classes. And to implement a
> mapping rule for legacy tables (like CType -> target class). This can be
> defined in config.tx_extbase.persistence.classes .

For legacy tables you have to deal with types ( eg tt_content "list" and subtype  eg
"tx_myext_pi1"). The mapping of types/subtypes could be added directly to the TCA. Or in some other
configuration file that is globally available (so that different extension can add new types/subtypes).

Should IMHO also work with new tables. Having a special ExtBase column in tables doesn't sound too
sexy ;)

Masi