[TYPO3-mvc] Questions regarding Extbase Object Persistence

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 23:35:28 CET 2009

Good evening,

I got some questions which came up
working on a recent project, using TYPO3 4.3.0 with extbase and fluid.

1) Is it possible to use m..n relations using extbase
without the need of using *_mm tables? Cause' I don't
really like them. xD

2) I haven't tried yet, but is it possible to persist
sub-objects (properties of models) as inline-records
throu a frontend form? Like I want to display properties
of a model object in a form for selecting/editing and
then saving the changes.

3) Is it possible to store objects in the a fe session temporary?
Like if you would have a 'clipboard' where you can attach objects
and display them via fluid, and on specific actions those objects
in the session get 'transformed' tos similar objects, which the
can be persisted by extbase. Is this possible? How should this
be done?

Thanks a lot for any help in this!

Thomas