[TYPO3-mvc] Questions regarding Extbase/Fluid: Translation, Starting Point and Property Name Transformation

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Dec 22 13:24:11 CET 2009

Hi Thomas,

> * How to teach Extbase to look up starting points recursively?
>   For now I encountered that extbase doesn't honor recursion
>   for starting points if it is set in the plugin content-element field.
>
>   Is it possible to get extbase fetching records recursively down
>   the selected number of levels in a pagetree?
Right now, no. You can only specify a list of pages where the records
should come from.
However if somebody implements the starting point feature nicely, we'd
be glad to integrate it in 4.4.

> * Feature: {object.named_property} to $object->getNamedProperty()
>   For now it is needed to call object properties in a template like
>   this: {object.namedProperty} which calls $object->getNamedProperty().
>
>   Would it be even better to use {object.property_name} (like it is
>   used for table field-names already) which would call
>   $object->getNamedProperty()?
As we are trying to hide the database as much as possible, I think it
would be the wrong direction to add such kind of magic - what do you
need it for? :-)

Greets,
Sebastian