[TYPO3-mvc] Questions regarding Extbase/Fluid: Translation, Starting Point and Property Name Transformation

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 19:51:18 CET 2009

Good evening!

I'm working on a extbase/fluid project and some questions came up:

* How to translate TCA select-item values?
   The config type of a table can be set to 'select', where it's
   possible to define 'items'. Those items can be translated with
   phrases which are stored in the locallang_db.xml. To prevent
   double-translating the phrases into a plugin-locallang.xml
   I would like to fetch the translations from the locallang_db.xml.

   Is this possible somehow?

* How to teach Extbase to look up starting points recursively?
   For now I encountered that extbase doesn't honor recursion
   for starting points if it is set in the plugin content-element field.

   Is it possible to get extbase fetching records recursively down
   the selected number of levels in a pagetree?

* Feature: {object.named_property} to $object->getNamedProperty()
   For now it is needed to call object properties in a template like
   this: {object.namedProperty} which calls $object->getNamedProperty().

   Would it be even better to use {object.property_name} (like it is
   used for table field-names already) which would call
   $object->getNamedProperty()?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Thomas