[TYPO3-mvc] n to n relations

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Tue Dec 15 21:10:00 CET 2009

Hi.

schrieb Rens Admiraal:
> I also like to register for a person which group is the default group.
> Now inside a relational model this would be a many-to-many table with
> the following fields: PersonId, GroupId, Default.
> How can I do this inside the ExtBase kickstarter extension? Do I have to
> create an object for the many-to-many table?

By now, neither the kickstarter nor Extbase does support additional
fields in mm-tables. A workaround could be to implement two properties
inside the Person (which might also be a final solution): "groups"
(many-to-many) and "defaultGroup" (many-to-one == one-to-one). Both have
to be kept in sync. But this is clearly domain logic and can be
implemented also inside Person.

Regards
Jochen

--