[TYPO3-mvc] Discussion: findAll() and findByUid() should not respect storage pid

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Aug 27 10:43:28 CEST 2009

Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

> nope, definitely TRUE should be the default.

I think I see your concerns:
- Extbase needs to know where to store records in case your extension
writes to db.
- Selecting records globally would pose a security issue on "multisite"
installations

However I doubt that the current approach is very practical for _most_
of the cases..
IMO it would be great if one could _enable_ the PID restriction via some
TS configuration, not the other way around.
If you write new records to the DB from your extension you obviously
need to specify where they have to be stored - but that's a different
issue in my opinion.
And concerning multisite installations.. Do you guys out there use
those? Last time I did (about 5 years ago) I had a lot of troubles with
other extensions not supporting them.. Anyways it should be possible (of
course) but I think, a TS option setting the storage PID for each branch
would work perfectly..

> I'll explain today or tomorrow why...

You're so mysterious ;)

> currently I am officially still on vacations

And unofficially you can't keep your hands off TYPO3 ;)

Bastian