[TYPO3-mvc] RFC: Extensible Controllers

Sebastian Gebhard sebastian.gebhard at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 10 08:58:01 CEST 2009

Sebastian KurfŸürst schrieb:
> I think extensibility for these classes will not happen within TYPO3
> 4.3, but we'll look into this feature after 4.3 is out and we've taken a
> break :-)
Ok, but I need it so i'll implement some custom action routing in my
extension. For that I need a little bit help of extbase.
I have two proposals:

1) A hook that takes a new controller/action if the current
controller/action was not found. I looked through the code of extbase
but I did not find the right spot. Hints are welcome.

2) Magic Actions (in analogy to magic getters/setters) so that i can
implement in my controller the following:

/**
  * Magic action for custom action routing
  *
  * @var Tx_Extbase_MVC_Request $request
  * @string The rendered custom action
  */
public function __action(Tx_Extbase_MVC_Request $request){
	// Handle the request
}

I need one of these. If I get a hint where the action routing is done in
extbase i'll provide a patch - i think it should not be too difficult.

What do you think?