[TYPO3-mvc] Question about DI and current component wiring method

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Wed Aug 5 16:11:48 CEST 2009

Hi Xavier, hi Sebastian.

Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:
> Extbase does not implement Dependency Injection by now, and we are not
> sure if this will really come in Extbase, as it fundamentally changes
> how objects are structured and built (and TYPO3v4 was not made for that)

Dependency Injection (DI) does definitely not come for 4.3 but it is on
my (personal) wishlist for 4.4. I have backported this aspect of FLOW3 a
year ago (EXT:gimmefive) and it's working quite smooth (EXT:formhandler
fka EXT:mailformplusplus uses gimmefive).

Not having DI makes it much more difficult to port things from and to
FLOW3. But we have to see how we can make DI for 4.4 performant.

Regards
Jochen

--
Every nit picked is a bug fixed