[TYPO3-mvc] [INFO] How-to do AJAX with Extbase

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Mon Aug 3 23:48:12 CEST 2009

Hi all.

Bastian Waidelich wrote:
> Robert Lemke wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Hmm, looks a bit dirty having a genres.html file producing JSON.
>> In FLOW3 I'm using the concept of formats
>
> I just said the same to Sebastian. We should definitely add the formats
> concept to Extbase. But I'm not sure if it's gonna make it into the
> first version (4.3) - we really need to concentrate on the legendary
> "last 10%" of the existing code.

I fully agree to re-implement the concept of formats to Extbase. As a
started to backport FLOW3 MVC to Extbase, I decided to drop it for 4.3.
It is back on my agenda but with a low priority. Because we have to get
Extbase stable and fast now. Let's see, if we can organize a Coding
Night ;-)

Regards
Jochen

--