[TYPO3-shop] incremental Quantity selection

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Wed Jan 28 08:34:42 CET 2009

Hello Maarten,

> I'm developing a webshop where different target groups have different
> options. One issue here is that a consumer should be able to buy
> products in incremental steps of 1 (Quantity of 1, 2, 3, etc.).
> Retailers that are in a different usergroup should have a different
> option (Quantity of 10, 20, 30, etc.). I'm not sure what the best
> apporach would be here.
>
> I maybe could make different variants, but I'm not sure if this will
> work out in the end. A dropdown for selecting the Quantity and setting
> the contents in this dropdown through typoscript might be a better way.
> I also saw the 'gradutated prices' option in a product-record, but I'm
> not sure if this would be helpfull, I can't find any documentation about
> how to set this up.

This will depend on the answer to the question, if all products will
have the same selectable number of quantities or individual ones.
Maybe you could even use variant 4 (gradings) for this and combine it
with a setup and hide the quantity input field (always 1).
And this number of gradings must be multiplied internally (using a
setup) for different user groups.
model/class.tx_ttproducts_variant.php is the right place to extend this.
You could additionally use graduated prices to do the price calculation.
  This would need an extension to use a shortcut (e.g.$variant4) for the
selection of variant4 (gradings) and to multiply it with the entered
number. So you could enter a price formula here.

- Franz