[TYPO3-ttnews] news update from '2.3.0' to '3.2.0' tt_content relations doesn't work anymore

Muriel le Pair typo3 at strangefruit.nl
Tue Jun 9 12:13:20 CEST 2015

Muriel le Pair schreef op 08-06-15 om 17:27:
> I tried to update the news extension from '2.3.0' to '3.2.0'.
> In version '2.3.0' I used tt_content relations.
>
> I have run the update script a number of times. When I run it now I get
> the following message:
>
> "Update tt_content relation
> Not needed/possible anymore as the mm table is already filled!"
>
> So you would assume all went well.
>
> But the tt_content relation seems to be lost. I mean: The don't show up
> in the BE if I open a specific news record.
> In list view the field "ref" is empty of all page content.
>
> So the question is how do I fix this, or what went wrong?

Solved. The bug is caused by a very strange behaviour in TYPO3 6.2.
If you update the News extension and then run database analyse (in the
install tool), you will get the message that the database is up to date
(but it is not)!

If you then run the update wizard of the News extension this will
trigger a bunch of errors because certain db fields are missing!!!
If you then run the database analyse tool again it will find the missing
database fields.
So it looks like you need to run the script first in order for TYPO3 to
correctly analyse the db..

Seems to work.

Hopes it helps someone.

--