[TYPO3-ttnews] tx_news - detail from news or pid

Jan Slusarczyk jan.slusarczyk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 11:12:03 CEST 2014

Hi,
I have the following problem I cannot solve on my own, any help will be
appreciated.

Typo3 6.2.4, news 3.0.1.

1. I have 5 pages with separate news structures - sysfolder, list and
detail pages under common umbrella page. They all are operated by
separate editors and are displayed as a simple blog-like instance. At
the moment they share common basic categories (like
"tips","observations" etc).

2. I need to add a common list to the umbrella page with all items from
each of the subpages (this is easy) but retaining links to separate
detail pages (because of this all "blog-like" customizations in display
of each instance, urls and disqus comments etc).

One solution that comes to mind is to use separate categories for each
"blog" and to get detail page id from category. Is it possible to
predefine category in each blog so that my editors wouldn't forget to
assign one or preferably wouldn't be able to remove it from their posts?

Another solution would be to have a detail page defined by news element,
or by news pid. Is this possible at all?

Regards
Jan