[TYPO3-ttnews] tx_news - no entry for show latest

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Mon Jul 8 09:21:09 CEST 2013

Hi,

I can't reproduce that, really sorry. Which TYPO3 version are you using?

Am 08.07.2013 01:49, schrieb jaco graaff:
> But, on the news page - on side I have list - items, and on the centre
> column I have detail view

ok

> The news plugin has a setting for "Show a single news record" on the
> Settings tab - but I just want to show latest and not a "hard-coded"
> news item

so you just use the detail view without "show a single news record" and
in the side a list view. latest is the same as list, there is IMO also
no difference in tt_news except a different template.

It is important to use the view "List view (without overloading detail
view)" for the list view as otherwise you would have got 2 detail views
on the same page.

> I have "Exclude already displayed news"
> checked on both the detail- and list-view "Additional" tab
>
> But I can see the displayed news item in detail view in the list view as
> well

this is a bit tricky as detail view needs to be *rendered* before the
list view

Georg