[TYPO3-ttnews] tx_news - no entry for show latest

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Mon Jul 8 01:49:52 CEST 2013

I am now moving to tx_news from tt_news, Since I am also moving form
templavoila to fluid

But, on the news page - on side I have list - items, and on the centre
column I have detail view

The news plugin has a setting for "Show a single news record" on the
Settings tab - but I just want to show latest and not a "hard-coded" news
item

When I deselect a specific news item in the dialogue I get

'An argument "news" does not exist for this request'

in the front - end.

Why is there no setting for show latest like in tt_news - Is this only
possible through Typoscript?

Also

I have "Exclude already displayed news"
checked on both the detail- and list-view "Additional" tab

But I can see the displayed news item in detail view in the list view as
well

Thanks

Jaco