[TYPO3-ttnews] DB warning, excludeDisplayedNews usage and own labels

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Sat Jan 12 11:49:26 CET 2013

>> *Table error!*
>> One or more required fields/tables are probably missing in the database!
>
> a bit hard to tell here more with this information.

Don't think that it'ss a real error. Checked my db agains news TCA
settings, and everything seems to be in place. I guess that it's
generate by the ext.manager. If time alowes, I will dive deeper.

Thought first that it might be related to this message after hitting the
update script button:

Update tt_content relation
Not needed/possible anymore as the mm table is already filled!

Problem is: There a huge difference between "not needed" and "not
possible". I guess, everything is ok for me, since
tx_news_domain_model_news_ttcontent_mm is filled and I can change the
sequence of content elements (as far as I remember I could do this
before the update too). Maybe it would be better to remove the "not
possible" part, since the message will always be fired if $countMmTable
 > 0. All mm tables have an empty field "tablenames". Shouldn't this be
removed with the next update, or is it for a later purpose?

>> A question concerning the usage of the new excludeDisplayedNews view
>> helper. I have one dedicated page per main category (first category
>> above root. Detail page defined in the category). On this page I use two
>> news plugins. Detail in the main column, List in a side-column. The list
>> plugin shows other news of same category/subcategory. This works, but
>> the list view still shows the record open in detail view. I inserted the
>> view helper in the top of my List/Item partial, which is very similar to
>> the standard one (only modified for html5. Tried to check the checkbox
>> in List, Detail and in both plugins, without success.
>
> this should be the other way round. add the exclude helper to the
> detail view as you want to exclude this news item in the other views.
>
> however it is also important that the detail view is rendered *before*
> the list view.

Makes sense. Changed it, but still isn't working for me. Is it
sufficient to place the detail plugin first, followed by the list
plugin, so detail's uid is smaller? That's what I did. Even if not
working, I can live with that. It's only a luxury problem :-)

>> My second question: What is the best way to change a label and/or it's
>> localization? I have my own "wrapper" extension, so I could use my
>> locallang.xlf. But maybe there is a better way?
>
> no this looks fine.

Works like charm

Thanks for your help. Enjoy the weekend,

Regards,

Thomas