[TYPO3-ttnews] Ext:news – some content related questions

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Jan 9 15:56:35 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 09.01.2013 15:02, schrieb Thomas Skierlo:
> Good to hear. I know what you mean, but in this special case I will be
> the editor. Besides that, if a content element is set up properly by the
> admin, it should be rather impossible to mess up the layout. But I
> agree, that it's a long and hard way to get to that point.

;)

> Yes. I'll write a view helper for image handling. But wouldn't stdWrap
> be the easier way for the vast majority of users?

IMO it goes more and more to less TS for those kind of magic things as
it is far easier and better to remember.

But of course if your VH is cool there is no problem to change it in news.

> Gosh. I've overlooked "firstImagePreview". Shame on me - that solves my
> problem.

:)

> Perfect! Is this limited to the news internal Text field, or can I use
> it with standard CE too?

currently limited but again this is then kind of very dependent on the
use case. Are all content elements paginated or just the 2nd one ...

Look up the code, it should be easy to understand

Georg