[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news does not display at all (except on one page)

wowbagger wowbagger at arcor.de
Sun Feb 10 15:22:56 CET 2013

Dear list,

     I've got a very uncommon problem with the tt_news extension and I'm
running out of ideas. Only the first page loaded after the caches are
cleared is working - all other pages with tt_news plugins fail. The
following problem is reproduceable at any time:

clearing all caches in the backend
pids (pages not sys-folders) work just fine as well as the rss-feed
output
clearing all caches in the backend
working fine now
plug-ins and the rss doesn't work (xml-error: no element found)

I've taken over support of a huge web-project and updated the whole system.

TYPO3 4.1.1 > 4.5.22
tt_news 2.5.0 > 3.4.0 (update script didn't show)

I'm glad if any of you could give me any suggestion how to solve the
problem. I'd gladly post any further details about the configuration.

Thanks in advance, bbb

ts-constants:

# plugin.tt_news > # tried that already
news.pid_list = 290
news.singlePid = 195

rss_link_title = Newsfeed der DGS
plugin.tt_news.displayXML.xmlLimit = 20
plugin.tt_news.displayXML.xmlCaching = 1
plugin.tt_news.displayXML.xmlLink = {$myDomain}
plugin.tt_news.displayXML.xmlTitle = Title
plugin.tt_news.displayXML.xmlDesc = www.page.tld
plugin.tt_news.displayXML.xmlLang = de

ts-setup:

config {
   # no_cache = 1 # doesn't help
   doctype = xhtml_trans
   xhtml_cleaning = all
   doctypeSwitch = 1
   xmlprologue = none
   baseURL = {$myDomain}
   tx_realurl_enable = 1
   prefixLocalAnchors = all
   disablePrefixComment = 1
   linkVars := addToList(L)
   uniqueLinkVars = 1

   sys_language_uid = 0
   language = de
   locale_all = de_DE.utf-8
   htmlTag_langKey = DE
}
plugin.tt_news = USER_INT
plugin.tt_news {
   # the following values are set in the plug-ins it doesn't seem to
matter whether I set them
   # pid_list >
   # pid_list = 290
   # singlePid >
   # singlePid = 195
   # searchPid >
   # searchPid = 196
   # backPid = 5
   recursive = 1
   allowCaching = 0 # doesn't change anything
   limit = 50
   templateFile =
fileadmin/template/{$prjpath}extension/tt_news/template.html
   archive = 1
   archiveTypoLink.parameter = 198
   enableArchiveDate = 1
   reverseAMenu = 1
   latestLimit = 8
   displayList {
     date_stdWrap.strftime = %d.%m.%Y
     time_stdWrap.strftime = %H:%M
     subheader_stdWrap {
       crop = 300 | ... | 1
     }
     image {
       file.maxW = 400
       file.maxH = 400
   displayLatest {
     date_stdWrap.strftime = %d.%m.%Y
     time_stdWrap.strftime = %H:%M
     subheader_stdWrap {
       crop = 600 | ... | 1
     }
     image {
       file.maxW = 82
       file.maxH = 115
   displaySingle {
     date_stdWrap.strftime = %d.%m.%Y
     time_stdWrap.strftime = %H:%M
     age_stdWrap.age = Minuten | Stunden | Tage | Jahre
     substitutePagetitle = 1
     image {
       file.maxW = 400
       file.maxH = 400
   archiveTitleCObject {
     10.strftime = %d.%m.%Y
   }
   getRelatedCObject {
     20.strftime = %d.%m.%Y
   }
   useBidirectionalRelations = 1
   usePiBasePagebrowser = 1
   pageBrowser {
     showFirstLast = 1
     showRange = 1
     maxPages = 200
     showPBrowserText = 0
     browseBoxWrap = <div class="tt-news-browsebox menu
     showResultsWrap = |
     LinksWrap = |
     browseLinksWrap = |
     activeLinkWrap = <li class="menu-sel"></li>
     disabledLinkWrap = <li class="menu-disabled">|</li>
     inactiveLinkWrap = <li>|</li>
   }
   _CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
   useHRDatesSingle = 1
   useHRDatesSingleWithoutDay = 0
   dontUseBackPid = 1
   useHRDates = 1
}
page = PAGE
page {
     # tt_news is used in content-elements and not in the page setup
rss2 = PAGE
rss2 {
   typeNum = 100
   10 >
   10 < plugin.tt_news
   10.pid_list >
   10.pid_list = {$news.pid_list}
   10.singlePid >
   10.singlePid = {$news.singlePid}
   10.archive = -1
   10.defaultCode = XML
   10.displayXML.xmlFormat = rss2
   10.displayXML.rss2_tmplFile =
fileadmin/template/{$prjpath}extension/tt_news/template_rss.xml
   config {
     disableAllHeaderCode = 1
     additionalHeaders = Content-type:text/xml
     no_cache = 1
     xhtml_cleaning = 0