[TYPO3-ttnews] render tt_news and images from PHP?

Erich Specht erich at erichspecht.com
Fri Aug 23 17:42:28 CEST 2013

I have an FCE that allow a user to add an event, with a title, date, and
list of related news.  Where I'm running into problems is I'm trying to
render the news items in typoscript and the event content as a USER
function.

Is there a way to create an instance of a tt_news plugin to display a LIST
of news with images resizing as usual - all within a USER php function?  I'm
trying to avoid passing content objects back and forth between typoscript
and PHP and also to be able to better synchronize what appears next to each
news item.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.