[TYPO3-ttnews] news vs t3blog

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Nov 13 10:45:42 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm investigating which extension(s) to use to get the best blogging
experience with TYPO3.

I do not plan to have blog-only sites, but only to have 'blog' feature
on the sites and therefore do not want to think about using WP/Blogger
etc., but looking for complete T3 solution.

'news' seems to use modern technology (extbase/fluid) on which we want
to focus for our learning since we do not have legacy code to maintain.

Moreover, several people advised me against t3blog as too
complex/problematic etc. which, otoh, seems to be the only complete
blogging package available for T3 with rich set of features quite
common for specialized blogging engines.

So, I wonder what is the plan of 'news' extension in regard to provide
similar feature set suitable for blogging within TPYO3 by possibly
integrating well with other extension filling the gap in comparison
with t3blog's features?

I hope I'm not the only one being enthused to move to TYPO3 and
desiring to use it for blogging purposes as well.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The intricacies of action are very hard to understand.
Therefore one should know properly what action is,