[TYPO3-ttnews] extending news

Stefano Cecere scecere at krur.com
Wed Mar 7 09:21:15 CET 2012

Hi Georg and news friends

is there any update on this topic? (now that 4.7 is near)
i'm using news in a big site (my patches will arrive soon!) and now i
really _have_ :( to extend the news model with a pair of new objects

the two possibilities i think i can do (since i don't want to go back to
tt_news) are:
1) to fork news and keep a customized version
2) create a custom news model (+ repo and cntrl) in my own extension, and
"map" it onto news default one

anyone has done something like that?
thanks

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:51:26 +0100, Georg Ringer <typo3 at ringerge.org>
wrote:

> Hi Stefano,
>
> better ask this in v4mvc list as this is a general issue and not just
> related to EXT:news
>
> Georg
>
> Am 14.11.2011 18:35, schrieb Stefano Cecere:
>> hi
>>
>> sorry for the (perhaps) stupid question...
>> but what's the best practice way to extend news with new/own fields?
>>
>> with tt_news it was quite easy (with an hook)
>>
>> how does it work with Extbase exts?
>> should i write a new model UPON the base news one?
>>
>> or can i inject my new fields into news?
>>
>> thank you for ant tips
>>
>> (i guess they should then go into the manual or even better here
>> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-news/wiki/For_Developers

   Stefano Cecere
   KRUR studio