[TYPO3-ttnews] screencasts tt_news

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Jan 31 13:49:03 CET 2012

Hi,

> to me it also feels news will replace tt_news in the long run, but for now the
> screen cast team likes to focus on widely used extensions like tt_news.

Obviously tt_news has more downloads since it has been around for so
much longer. The goal of news is really to replace tt_news, which should
just be left die (with honors, obviously). I've only dabbled with news
yet, so I don't have a precise opinion, but it seems already pretty
mature and quite close to tt_news in terms of feature set. One thing
which is not clear to me is how extensible it is, i.e. adding new
fields. tt_news was very easy to extend, news may be less so due to the
nature of Extbase. I know there were discussions in this list, but I
couldn't follow the whole threads.

Anyway I think the screencast team should try not to encourage the
perpetuation of an extension that is slowly drifting into obsolescence.
And yes, it should be replaced in the Introduction Package too IMO.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter