[TYPO3-ttnews] screencasts tt_news

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 31 08:20:30 CET 2012

Hi,

On 30-1-2012 17:22, ben van 't ende wrote:
> For the time being we still use tt_news in the Introduction Package, that is why
> we still want to use tt_news in a screencast. You can surely complain about
> tt_news how it is built, but until now it is the most downloaded extension and I
> regard it as feature complete.

The fact that it's the most downloaded extension is a completely
irrelevant argument. Take a look a the most popular extensions, some of
them are still alpha or beta, some are unmaintained (one with no updates
since 2005)(they will be removed if the TER clean up is approved), some
should be obsolete (integrated in core or the extension they were made
for), most are very hard to customize.

Maybe the contents of the Introduction Package should be reconsidered
from time to time. Are the extensions which are included really the
things we would like to show to new users (also take code quality, ease
of use, etc. into consideration) ?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.