[TYPO3-ttnews] news module slow.. maybe new indexes

Stefano Cecere scecere at krur.com
Wed Feb 22 11:07:44 CET 2012

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:27:41 +0100, Georg Ringer <typo3 at ringerge.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for looking at the big black box performance
>
> Am 22.02.2012 08:41, schrieb Stefano Cecere:
>> using last git version, imported about 3000 news with 16 categories
>> checked the BE module, and it's quite very slow (about 40 secs to show
>> the list)
>
> BE module is really in dev mode and there is also not a problem at all
> if this is disabled for the next release. All I want to say with that is
> that we/I don't have a hurry to push this feature to TER.

oook!
anyway i think i could be a nice feature (until a new list module gests
out :)
so i'll try to make it usable (and maybe to have it optionally activable
by ext setting)

>>> 1) add a default (30 ?) value as max item shown (now it shows
>>> everthing)
>
> makes absolutly sense.

and paginator of course :)

BUT i haven't see many BE modules by Extbase/Fluid ... i hope the
technology is ready! :?

>>> 2) i just checked and the tx_news_domain_model_news table has no index
>> but on uid and pid (and import but i guess it's used just once)
>> shouldn't we add some other indexes?
>
> I guess more indexes make sense, I just don't have the experience with
> those. Thanks for any improvement there, I just can't really help.

ok i have little experince and i'll try to find the minimal indexes set to
have by default

ciaoo

--

   Stefano Cecere