[TYPO3-ttnews] news module slow.. maybe new indexes

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Feb 22 10:27:41 CET 2012

Hi,

thanks for looking at the big black box performance

Am 22.02.2012 08:41, schrieb Stefano Cecere:
> using last git version, imported about 3000 news with 16 categories
> checked the BE module, and it's quite very slow (about 40 secs to show
> the list)

BE module is really in dev mode and there is also not a problem at all
if this is disabled for the next release. All I want to say with that is
that we/I don't have a hurry to push this feature to TER.

> 1) add a default (30 ?) value as max item shown (now it shows everthing)

makes absolutly sense.

> 2) i just checked and the tx_news_domain_model_news table has no index
> but on uid and pid (and import but i guess it's used just once)
> shouldn't we add some other indexes?

I guess more indexes make sense, I just don't have the experience with
those. Thanks for any improvement there, I just can't really help.

Georg