[TYPO3-ttnews] please help! trying to display selected news article

erich at erichspecht.com erich at erichspecht.com
Tue Dec 4 17:24:05 CET 2012

I'm having difficulty trying to accomplish something that seems like it
should be easy.  My goal is to allow an editor to select a tt_news article
and for it to display in a typoscript object path with a title and
subheader (like LIST view).

I'm not using Fluid or Extbase - working with a TemplaVoila template for
the page.

I've tried creating a Page Content Elements field where the user can
choose a tt_news record.  Where I'm having trouble is retrieving the uid
of the selected article and making that one display (I can display a
category of articles with a tt_news plugin in typoscript, but I don't know
how to display a specific one by uid.)

Please help if you can.

Thank you.

Erich