[TYPO3-ttnews] Switch to news2

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 18 17:30:10 CEST 2011

Hi Robert,

On 18-9-2011 16:41, Robert Wildling wrote:
> Fact is that a programmatical changein behaviour of the subheader is a
> core feature. So only core developers can bring in the changes.

The rest of your reasoning was based on this incorrect assumption.

The facts:
- anyone can make changes and put them in 'Gerrit' (the application used
for handling changes, voting, etc.
- a change needs positive votes for code quality and functionality; one
from 'anyone' and one from a core team member

Most core team members are programmers. Most have (a bit) less knowledge
of design and user interfaces. That's where our user experience / user
interface team comes in. Just like any team in forge you don't have to
be a core team member to join such a team.

Because of the specific knowledge of such a team their opinions are very
much valued. In the specific example of the subheader being visible or
hidden the opinion of this team would probably be the most important.
The reordering of the fields in the backend was the result of the work
of this team. So, if they agree with you that the subheader field has to
be visible in all page types I don't think any core team member would
stop the change.

Maybe it's best for this particular problem to contact the team and
propose the change.

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/usability

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,