[TYPO3-ttnews] Switch to news2

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 18:35:39 CEST 2011

Hi Willem,

My cup of tea: it's sad to see a new news extension on the horizon.
What will the current users of tt_news have to do if tt_news is no
longer supported by a new version of TYPO3?

They have to switch to a news extension they don't know. tt_news does
a great job for 5+ years already and EVERY effort should be put in
this extension and not into a new one.

As you can see I don't like the new news extension. Haven't looked at
it but I have to I guess as probably tt_news won't be supported
anymore some day. So never saw news so I can't say anything about it
but the idea of yet another news extension makes me wanna ..... ;-)

The people behind TYPO3 are making some big mistakes if you ask me:

1. No core news extension but an addon extension. Every big open
source CMS has a news module in the core of the basic installed CMS
system

2. The battle for the best extension per solution. Someone should say:
this is the news extension we support and the rest can do what ever
they want but you are on your own. We only support 1 news extension.

TYPO3 is still a solid CMS system and it rocks but I see more and more
people (and customers) leaving this CMS system and switching to
another CMS system. I won't for the coming 2 years but I'm definitely
broadering my horizon concerning a CMS system to use in future.

Now a question for you: why do you want to switch from tt_news to
news? Can you explain this to this group?

Regards
Jordan