[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news, death only somewhat exaggerated...

Sy Moen josiah.moen at gmail.com
Tue May 3 16:47:42 CEST 2011

Well, the beauty is that even if the main TER version of tt_news (for
example) remained in git.typo3.org (which, I think, it should), others could
still maintain forks in github or their own servers, etc. The point is that
the main could easily pull patches from those other repos which should make
development much faster.

Currently there is frustration over the fact that not many people are
contributing to the core development in the TYPO3 git repo, I think part of
that is that for so long the core has been off limits to all but the core
devs... it will take time to get over that acculturation. However the public
ext's is where tons of outsider input (good, bad and ugly) has taken place,
and I think (hope) the more natural place to start.

tt_news in the main git repo please?